Saturday, May 15, 2010

Brrrring brrrring.

I was not expecting a call today... Or ever... And yet:

S: Who's this?

J: Hi, Scarlet, it's Julian..

S: Oh.. Hi...

J: Hi...

S: ................................

J: I was just calling to see how you're doing...

S: That's generous.

J: Scarlet.

S: ..................................

J: You've written some really--

S: Oh, yeah, I wanted to take back a whole bunch of things.

J: The good things or the bad things?

S: The bad things. I just. I see it all now, I see it all from you perspective.

J: You do?

S: No.

J: (laughs.) Well... There are some issues between us that have come up, that we haven't addressed, and I think we should, I just wanted to get a fair chance to.

S: Right now?

J: No, not right now--

S: WHEN.

J: Are you coming in this week?

S: Yes... Though it's going to all start getting very expensive at the end of the month isn't it?

J: We can sort that out, we can work something out, I--

S: It will still be expensive.

J: It will be fine.

S: I can't AFFORD IT-

J: It's not an ISSUE, Scarlet.

S: ...................................................................................

J: So I'll see you... on Tuesday? Or Friday?

S: Friday..

J: Okay.




.............................................................SIGH..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment